Thrive: Moms of Purpose
Thrive: Moms of Purpose is a group for moms.
We want to be moms of purpose–approaching each day with intention and strength. Thrive: Moms of Purpose seeks to equip, support, and partner with moms in all aspects of their mothering.
Thrive: Moms of Purpose seeks to connect, encourage and support moms in all aspects of their lives. While COVID has prevented us from meeting in our usual Wednesday morning format, we’re excited about the opportunity to encourage and support moms on a more personal and community-wide level through Park Playdates, [email protected] Group studies, and other events.
Park Play Dates
Meet us at the park to begin new friendships and strengthen existing ones.
- Wednesday, 9/9, 10:00am – Hartrick Park, Okemos – Hosted by Ashley Post
- Friday, 9/11, 10:00am – Sharp Park, Lansing – Hosted by Heidi Johnson
- Friday, 9/18, 10:00am – Sharp Park, Lansing – Hosted by Heidi Johnson
- Monday, 9/21, 4:00pm – Patriarch Park, East Lansing – Hosted by Heather Salazar
- Wednesday, 9/23, 10:00am – Valhalla Park, Holt – Hosted by Alicia Rainey
- Monday, 9/28, 2:00pm – Walk @ Hawk Meadow Park, 6160 Delta River Dr – Hosted by Hannah Fraleigh
- Wednesday, 9/30, 10:00am – Valhalla Park, Holt – Hosted by Alicia Rainey
- Friday, 10/09, 10:00am – Sharp Park, Grand Ledge – Hosted by Heidi Johnson
- Apple Orchard (late September)
- Bonfire (October)
[email protected] Groups
Join a group to go a little deeper in friendship with other women. These groups are hosted by a Thrive leader in her home. Studies have no homework and time together will be for encouragement and support. No childcare provided.
- Sundays (Noon, every other week, starts Sept. 20) – Keeping Place – Hosted by Heather Salazar (Bath)In this 5-part series, author and Bible teacher Jen Pollock Michel takes us on a journey through Scripture to uncover the meaning of home. We’ll discover our holy yearning for a place to belong, how God provides that place for us, and how we can model His hospitality in our lives each day.
- Mondays (9:00 am, starts Sept. 21) – Fear & Faith – Hosted by Samantha Elmore (Holt), children welcome.In 5 sessions, speaker and author Trillia Newbell invites women to explore their fears and how those fears impact their relationships, self-esteem, peace of mind, and walk with God. Trillia will walk through Scriptures that show God’s love and strength when we are afraid and His faithfulness in times of trouble.
- Mondays (12:00, starts Sept. 28) – Facing Anxiety – Hosted by Sherri Nordmann (Dewitt)In this 4-session series, pastor Jonathan Pokluda explores how Christians can face anxiety head-on. With real-life stories from people facing various kinds of anxiety, this series helps us see that peace can be found on this side of eternity.
- Tuesdays (every other week, starts Sept. 22), 6:15pm – Nice – Hosted by Heidi Johnson (Grand Ledge)In this 5-session series, Sharon Hodde Miller explores the seemingly innocent idol that has crept into our faith and quietly corrupted it, producing the bad fruits of cowardice, inauthenticity, shallowness, and more. She provides practical steps to reclaim our credibility as followers of Christ, and bear better, richer, more life-giving fruits.
- Tuesdays (7pm, starts Sept. 29) – Grace Based Discipline – Hosted by Carolyn Kersten (Williamston)In this 6-session study, Karis Kimmel Murray, author of the book, “Grace Based Discipline,” will teach you how to: 1) Stay calm, even in the heat of the moment; 2) Set rules based on God’s priorities, not yours; 3) Apply consequences that really work.
- Saturdays (9am, starts Sept. 26) – She’s Got Issues – Hosted by Alisha Anderson (Trinity building)In this 6-session series, Nicole Unice talks candidly about how the everyday issues that drive you crazy affect you . . . and why you don’t have to settle for letting them win. Some days living up to the whole good-Christian image seems impossible. The good news? You don’t have to “fix” yourself. You have access to the power of Christ. His power can transform your everyday weaknesses into your greatest strengths and gifts.
Have a question about Thrive?
We would love to talk with you! Fill out the form or call us at 517-272-3820.